Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:21:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Westford Farmer's Market
« previous next »
: [1]
: Westford Farmer's Market  ( 5632 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : July 08, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »

Boy, was I sorry that I had supper prepared.  What a great array of different foods they have at the Farmer's Market!  Foods from all over the world are displayed,  hot, and ready to take home and eat.  Next week, perhaps.
I did buy a sweet roll for breakfast, but turned down the donut hole and the bavarian pretzel.   There are lots more Fridays!!!!!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 09, 2011, 01:06:40 AM »

I had to go to Palmer AK for work, Friday.

Palmer is the veggie growing place in the South Central Region.

After my official business I drove around to a few of the big farms and saw LOTs of green tops in the fields and LOTs of "empty" fields.

I am making my 1st summer venture to a local farmers market this Saturday. ( Your today )

There HAS to be radishes, lettuce, bok choy, Swiss Chard.....etc etc....
Rev. Elizabeth

« #2 : July 09, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »

Been to Palmer.  Nice place.   I enjoy Farmer's Markets, even though my dear spouse grows enough for a small army.  I like to visit with the vendors; sample the food; see what sorts of creative things people are doing.  Of course, there's always something tasty to bring home. Lots of fun....the sweet roll was delicious for breakfast!
\Next week: supper and a bavarian pretzel, home made!
Mike Raburn

« #3 : July 10, 2011, 01:32:15 AM »

REV,
You been here, or there, Plamer??????

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!@
Rev. Elizabeth

« #4 : July 10, 2011, 05:42:44 AM »

Palmer...not Plamer!!!!!!  yeah, went to Alaska a few years ago; my husband was asked to perform a wedding for some old friends.  Nice town, Palmer.  Went to Madwagaska (sic) glacier; Hatcher mines; of course Anchorage; had great halibut; saw those crazy musk oxen at that 'farm' where they live in luxury....fun fun fun..wonderful wildflowers every where!
Mike Raburn

« #5 : July 15, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »

You didn't call????

I am trying to finish our work on the Palmer -Wasilla highway this past week,,,,not making head way....darn rain.

BUT, MONDAY, I was able to sneak in a lunch by the MATANUSKA River and snapped a few pics from the banks.
About 6 minutes from my highway work...... click below....

Nice to get away from the hustle bustle once and awhile!

https://picasaweb.google.com/mikeraburn/7112011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I drive up further and grab a few more pics that show that VASTNESS of the river.
« : July 15, 2011, 12:30:26 AM Mike Raburn »
Rev. Elizabeth

« #6 : July 15, 2011, 06:06:05 AM »

Beautiful photos, thanks!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: