Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:17:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Clifton Hislop Dies At Age 83
« previous next »
: [1]
: Clifton Hislop Dies At Age 83  ( 1867 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 17, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »

CLIFTON A. HISLOP

FAIRFAX - Clifton Andrew Hislop, 83, passed away Wednesday, July 13, 2011, at Our Lady Of The Meadows Nursing Home in Richford. He was born May 7, 1928, in Noyan, Quebec, Canada, son of the late Andrew W. and Cassie May (Campbell) Hislop. He was predeceased by his wife, Katherine "Kay" (Fuller) Hislop on Dec. 30, 2002; a stepdaughter, Glenna Bruley; and sister, Winfred Curtis. Cliff was a professional farmer and caretaker for nearly 50 years. In his younger years, he was very active as a Coonhound Breeder and Raccoon Breeder. Cliff's hobbies included Coon Hunting, Field Trials, and Water Races. Cliff was an excellent square dance caller and was known never to miss a chance to dance to country music whenever the opportunity was afforded to him. Cliff loved his family dearly; especially, his many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews who will all miss him deeply. He is survived by his stepchildren, Carroll Bryce, Olin Bryce Jr. and wife, Zona, James Bryce and Betty Martell, Richard Bryce, Virginia Hanker, Lucille Jimmo, Esther Meyer; two brothers, Douglas Hislop and wife, Ellie, Gerald Hislop and wife, Shirley; four sisters, Joyce Smith, Maxine Gingera and husband, John, Shirley Reynolds, Linda Fairhurst and husband, Jack; many grand, great-grand and great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces, nephews and cousins, all of whom he was so proud. There will be no public calling hours. A graveside memorial service with inurnment in the family plot will be held on Saturday, July 23, 2011, at 1 p.m. at the Fairfax Plains Cemetery, McNall Road, Fairfax, with Reverend Heidi Reinker officiating. Memorial contributions in Clifton and his wife Kay's memory may be made to The American Cancer Society , Vermont Division, 121 Connor Way, Suite 240, Williston, VT 05495. Those who wish may forward their online condolences and share family photos at www.awrichfuneralhomes.com. Arrangements are by John D. Workman of the A.W. Rich Funeral Home, 1176 Main St., Fairfax, VT 05454.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: