Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:14:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FXFD Ladder/Portable Pump Training Tuesday Night- Photos
« previous next »
: [1]
: FXFD Ladder/Portable Pump Training Tuesday Night- Photos  ( 2646 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 24, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »

The Fairfax Fire Department had a trining session Tuesday night at Ovitt's Pond at the bottom of Buck Hill. A portable pump was set up to push water up to the ladder nozzle.

Deputy Chief Deam Potter runs the portable pump while watching the action on the ladder.

Tom Snyder works on getting the nozzle in place.

Floating strainer connected to hard suction, connected to the pump intake, and hose hooked to the discharge feeding the ladder truck.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : August 25, 2011, 02:14:16 AM »

DRAFTING!

Better when you have a pumper hooked up with a 5 inch intake.

BUT, that 2 1/2 inch looked like it was doing the job!

I ever tell ya the story where we blew out our front 5 inch intake when we were doing a monthly pumper pressure test AFTER the other shift turned over the truck and our operator skipped the check out?
Blew the front rack and bumper off about 35 feet.

That was one bad phone call I needed to make on Adak.

"Ahhh, Chief... we broke our pumper, send a new one, please! Sorry. And 5 inch hose."

Now you have heard it.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: