Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 09:54:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Fairfax Success by Six Needs Volunteers to Continue Programs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Success by Six Needs Volunteers to Continue Programs  ( 2325 )
FairfaxSx6
: 17

We support preschool learning!

« : September 01, 2011, 09:02:59 AM »

As many of you may be aware, Fairfax Success by Six offers free programs to families from our area. Preschool Story Time, which occurs every Tuesday beginning on September 13th, has two wonderful volunteers this year facilitating.
    However, Friday morning Community Playgroup needs two facilitators to begin on Friday, September 9th. As of this time, the playgroup is cancelled until volunteers become available.
    What does facilitation of the Community Playgroup require? It requires two people to have a theme for the playgroup, and using the theme create crafts, songs, read books, and administer a snack. There are books for facilitators to use that do all this work for them. The hours required to be at school are from 8:45am-10:45am every Friday. There is a stipend offered for facilitation of this activity.
    Please consider volunteering!

Contact Success by Six by email at
fairfaxsx6@hotmail.com if you can help.

There is also a dire need for volunteers to continue the following programs offered by Success by Six:
  • Two Liaisons: These are the volunteers who manage the entire program. Write grants, manage a budget, coordinate events, organize with the school, learn from state organizations, and more!
  • Welcome Infant Services: Volunteers needed to have boxes of welcome infant bag contents stored at their homes, as well as deliver bags to families in Fairfax. Mileage is reimbursed.
  • Fairfax Fire & Rescue Safety Day: This event takes place on the second Saturday in Oct. Volunteer is needed to coordinate the day, which begins at 10am at the Fire/Rescue building on Goodall Street. Volunteer needed to begin coordination by Sept. 8th for scheduling purposes. This event will be cancelled if no one is available.
[/list]
« : September 01, 2011, 09:08:56 AM Henry »

All activities are FREE and cater to children ages 6 and under!  Contact us by email with questions about any of the information above or regarding any BFA-PTSA’s Fairfax Success By Six programs.  Visit our website at ww2.bfafairfax.com/~sbys.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: