Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:58:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Interstate Problems Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Interstate Problems Yesterday  ( 2945 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 08, 2011, 07:27:29 AM »

Went down to pick up Mary Kay at work yesterday, but had been made aware that there were some traffic tie-ups with people just sitting there for about an hour, so I went the back way through Milton down Route 7 and had no problems - Last night's Channel 3 news stated:

"A car crash on the interstate -- led to a rush-hour traffic mess. And a warning from police about U-Turns. Police say V-Trans was removing rock from a ledge in a construction zone in Colchester. A car tried to merge into the only open lane -- and side swiped another car. It was a minor crash -- but led to an hour-long back up on the i-89. And police say about a dozen motorists pulled U-ees -- to avoid the traffic jam. Police say that's extremely dangerous -- and could net you 2 points on your license and a $156 dollar fine if you're caught. "

Henry Raymond
Margie
: 156

« #1 : October 08, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »

Ugh....thankfully, I had an appointment in Montpelier yesterday so I avoided that little mess.  But, driving this communte every day thru all this construction, I've watched as people try to "thread the needle" by driving as far down the left lane as possible and then shove themselves into the right lane.  I was almost hit from BOTH sides the night of the 90 minute tie-up.  People have absolutely no patience and there were people driving down the right breakdown lane so as to try to gain a few car lengths.

There will be more and more of these tie-ups as people lose more patience...and drive even more stupidly...
Travis
: 141

« #2 : October 08, 2011, 12:29:25 PM »

This is why I love working from home. The only traffic I have to deal with is my cat racing me downstairs in the morning. I think he has road rage.
trussell
: 870

« #3 : October 10, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »

I'm with ya Travis- I also battle the cat for my office chair... Although I do have to deal with ALL that route 104 traffic when I make my commute to Eastman's and back :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: