Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:23:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  OOPS - There Goes The Diet - Delicious Turkey Dinner & Desserts
« previous next »
: [1]
: OOPS - There Goes The Diet - Delicious Turkey Dinner & Desserts  ( 2819 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 08, 2011, 06:32:13 PM »

Mary Kay and I went over to Georgia to their Annual Turkey Dinner - This Turkey Dinner is like none I have ever attended anywhere else and I think it is all because of the desserts -  You just can't believe all the different kinds of pies and cakes they have, but at the top of my list is the absolutely delicious Maple Creme Pie.

We had one of the most wonderful little waitresses that made sure we got whatever we wanted.  There was not a thing we asked for that she didn't come right back with.  I was actually so impressed with her that I went in the kitchen and saw Carolyn Branagan and asked for her name and Mary Kay got a photo of Carolyn and her together.  This young lady is only 20 years old - Carolyn told me her name is Katie Waite and on top of working so diligently, she also made 8 pumpkin pies

I think that Carolyn herself made like 12 apple pies.  Everything was organized beautifully.  I called and got my reservations last Thursday and when I got there they were already for me.  Walked up to the door and someone took us to our reserved seat.  While there we sat near some people from Richford and also someone up from Boston, Ma.

I had milk to drink and some young kids were going around with cases of milk and in no time flat, I had my milk.  I had a second serving of Turkey & Dressing (Which I should have probably gone without).  The people working there should be congratulated and as a side note, Carolyn was there working in the kitchen, not there politicing, but as a working member of the community, a typical Carolyn Branagan trait.

The good Lord willing, I will be there next year - A job well done folks.

Katie Waite, our waitress and Carolyn Branagan

Henry Raymond
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #1 : October 09, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »

Thanks, Henry. She is a great little cook.
Our process went well in the kitchen. I'm glad you enjoyed the results.

Carolyn Branagan
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : October 10, 2011, 11:25:30 AM »

Ditto, to everything Dad said above.

I have now been two years in a row with Dad and I look forward to it each year!  What a terrific job you all do!   

P.S. I had TWO piece of the Maple Cream Pie, which is an absolute favorite of mine! <yeah, I have a little of my Dad in me when it comes to favorite foods> :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: