Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:22:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Transparency Tour Coming to St. Albans
« previous next »
: [1]
: Transparency Tour Coming to St. Albans  ( 2075 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : October 24, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »

Secretary of State Jim Condos will bring his open government tour to St. Albans on Tuesday.

Condos launched the tour to discuss Vermont’s public records and open meeting laws with municipal and state employees and citizens who serve on local government boards. The public is invited and encouraged to attend these events.

“This tour allows me to assist Vermont’s public officials who must abide by these laws every day. We recognize that these laws are not always clear and we need to hear from them regarding the challenges they face and the questions they have. I look forward to engaging in an open discussion about the importance of access to public records and public meetings.”

The following organizations participated in organization of the tour: Vermont League of Cities and Towns, Vermont Municipal Clerks and Treasurers Association, Vermont School Boards Association, Vermont Press Association, Vermont American Civil Liberties Union and Vermont Common Cause.

To find out more information and to RSVP, please contact Nancy Lynch @ 802-828-2148 or via email at nancy.lynch@sec.state.vt.us.

Tuesday, October 25th, 6-8 pm, St. Albans Town Hall, 579 Lake Rd., St. Albans Town

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: