Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:29:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Pat Nillson Attends Occupy Burlington's Protest Encampment
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pat Nillson Attends Occupy Burlington's Protest Encampment  ( 4125 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 29, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »

Pat Nillson (center) of Fletcher attends the general assembly of Occupy Burlington's protest encampment at City Hall Park on Friday night.  Nilsson said she wanted to be there to fight for future generations, her children and grandchildren.  Photo by Ryan Mercer of The Burlington Free Press

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : October 29, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »

Wow. Mrs. Nillson. Saw the picture in the paper, but didn't realize it was her.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
David Shea
: 471

« #2 : October 29, 2011, 03:10:11 PM »

She was my first physical education teacher at BFA.  She left in 1977 and Mrs. Watts took her place as elementary P.E.  She left a lasting memory for me as a nice lady.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : October 29, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »

David    Your impression of Mrs. Nilsson was typical of how she affected her students and I'm pleased that she meant that much to you . ....and to other students . Pat certainly was one of our best hires when we moved to the new addition in the fall of 1973. You probably remember her returning to BFA in the mid-80's in the role of an elementary classroom teacher , then becoming , along with Al Daniels , a 6th grade team teacher and an important part of our Middle School Faculty in the late 80's & early 90's .  School-wide , she motivated our faculty and administration to hike Rt. 7 on one In-Service Day as a part of BFA's Wellness Activities ( my portion was from Williamstown , Mass to Pownal ) .
Students from a variety of grades and times  ( Mike Cain & my son Jeff through the Will Brooks & Sara Daniels eras ) idolized her , and she was voted Teacher of the Year several times by her peers . As you probably remember she was the impetus behind the 100th year celebration of the founding of BFA in 2003 , and her spirit carried the day in so many different ways .
What is remarkable to me is that she continues to not only " talk the talk " but " walk the walk " for causes that she believes in . Joining a group to make a point when the temperature dropped to 27 * F. last night says it all , especially to those of us who are only slightly older in age &      " rocking on the porch " at the local Shady Town Nursing Home !!!  As my son said this morning , " what a role model " !!!   
Thanks for the posting , Henry .
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #4 : November 02, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »

She taught me in grade school (6th grade I think?)  She was definitely one of those teachers that left a lasting impression. Truly one who cared about all us kids, and who was not afraid to tell you when she thought you had crossed the line. At the same time, she made learning fun, and everyone always enjoyed her class. I can remember her calling us her "little chickadees." :-)  Really can not say enough about her... One of my favorites!
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #5 : November 03, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »

damn hippies
: [1]  
« previous next »
: