Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:28:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mr. McRae Resigning??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mr. McRae Resigning??  ( 5406 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 07, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »

Noticed in the School Board Minutes that one of the items was:

4. Correspondence
RESIGNATION LETTER: Bruce McRae
Williamstown Letter
Governor Shumlin Letter

Henry Raymond
7F24
: 253

« #1 : December 07, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »

I'm not surprised.  The feeling, whether intentional or not, is that the school really doesn't support the music program.  The earlier start time has made it harder for kids to get to band practice.  I don't blame Bruce for leaving, but I hate to see him go.   
7F24
: 253

« #2 : December 07, 2011, 10:58:15 AM »

If Bruce is leaving, tonight's holiday concert will probably his last.  Might be a good time to show him his work has been appreciated.
msm
: 211

« #3 : December 07, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

My count ---  39 years ? ?  ?  -- I'm open for corrections too -- if lives immediately I guess it would be  38.5 years -- wow -- now that is a good run ..

This very nice memories of Bruce .. mostly good -- with a couple of bad - but no one's perfect !!   
sdogallen
: 51

« #4 : December 07, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »

Another quality employee getting out. Isn't anyone wondering what is going on there yet? So sad. Congrats on a great tenure Mr. Mcrae! I think I can remember every bus trip we took together. It was a pleasure supporting the music program. Very well run by a great instructor.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : December 07, 2011, 11:58:28 PM »

I talked to Bruce before the concert tonight. This is his final year. He will be done the end of June 2012.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
msm
: 211

« #6 : December 08, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »

BFA was very fortunate to have Bruce McCrae as their music leader.   When I attended BFA,  he loved his job,  his school, his program and his students.  He had Passion for his craft and wanted to share it whenever possible.  In addition,  he served his country well too !!   

On a more personal note,  my last memory of Bruce,  he played 'Taps' for a fellow BFA Graduate and very dear friend , one of Bruce's star musicians and fellow miliary man,  Glenn Clokey,  class of 1978.    Not sure how Bruce pulled it off .. I'll never forget that moment.   

I wish Bruce and his family a happy next chapter of life !  Maybe he can play his trumpet until he is 101 !!

Sincerely,   Mike McNall  -- BFA Class of 1977
« : December 08, 2011, 12:40:20 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: