Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:37:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Chess Club @ the Fairfax Community Library
« previous next »
: [1]
: Chess Club @ the Fairfax Community Library  ( 2275 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : December 28, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »

Hello,

We are going to be offering a Chess Club at the Fairfax Community library!
We are collaborating with an already established club of students in grades 3 - 5 from BFA-Fairfax, so there should be plenty of players.  This is open to all ages and we encourage available parents to play and learn too.  That way you can play together at home!

The first meeting of the combined club will be Monday, January 9th from 3:00 - 4:15.
We have two experienced instructors who will demonstrate chess problems/solutions, give tips for learning/improving and be on hand to guide and help.  We will meet every Monday for the winter.  It is not required that you attend every week, but consistency helps in improving your game.

If you'd like to participate, please let me know, and please bring a chess set if you have one.  (There will be some here, but we want to be sure to have enough.)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: