Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:19:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Only About 30 Seniors Turned Out Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Only About 30 Seniors Turned Out Yesterday  ( 2503 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 04, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »

Our cook had some delicious spaghetti with meat sauce along with a great tossed salad and warm garlic bread with ice cream sandwiches for dessert.  Everyone at our table at least found the meal absolutely delicious.  I suspect that the cold weather had something to do with the small attendance as the chill factor yesterday was something else.

There doesn't appear to be any wind this morning as far as I can tell from looking out the window, but the temperature did go down to -5.4 degrees below zero.  The weather report says, Another brisk start to the day, with temperatures in the very small single numbers and below and wind chills making it feel colder than that. Bundle up and dress in layers today! It will be another day to keep the pets indoors and make those walks outdoors short! Highs will only reach the teens.

We'll see increasing clouds this afternoon, with the chance for a few snow showers overnight tonight. Lows will range from the upper single numbers and low teens above zero tonight.

Took a run down to J & L Hardware last night when I had to make a trip to the post office to mail a package and spend a two year old Gift Certificate.  One always wonders when you keep a gift certificate too long if the store will accept it.  Not a problem at J & L, so I picked up a couple of backsaver snow shovels - Don't expect I will be the one using them, but at least I will have them ready if needed.

I have a young man stopping by to see me today to talk to me about a property maintenance business he has, so once I find out more about it, will post something, so if you need something done you can contact him.

Have a great day and stay warm!!
« : January 04, 2012, 07:53:54 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
sue
: 124

« #1 : January 04, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »

-20 in the village !!!  UGH
Cat

« #2 : January 04, 2012, 02:10:25 PM »

It is definitely cold out there..winter is here but, I heard it is suppose to warm up a little bit the next few days. Stay warm everyone!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: