Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Things I'd Like to See in Our Town- More Ideas page 2
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Things I'd Like to See in Our Town- More Ideas page 2  ( 25645 )
al brodeur
: 216

« #15 : January 11, 2012, 08:29:04 PM »

Roma Lavadeure had some also a place on the Westford -Milton rd. caution though, just because the dance is dry the parking lot can be very wet.
  as for riding horses on the walking paths this depends on  the paths costruction because someone running horses could bring up chunks of mud which would dry
out to dirt balls and then they would be a hazard to streaking wrinkled wrangers like Henry and I, also we bruise and bleed easily. now please do not try to envision this because you'll get eye burnout.
nancyd
: 304

« #16 : January 11, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

Al wrote:

now please do not try to envision this because you'll get eye burnout.

I already Have...can someone recommend a good eye doctor????  Only kidding Henry...You are the Handsome King of Fairfax. And Al, I guess that makes you the Prince!

Nancyd
« : January 11, 2012, 09:24:29 PM nancyd »
FOFE
: 10

« #17 : January 11, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »

Just as an FYI- Friends of Fletcher Elementary (FOFE) received a grant last year from Lowe's and we have an ice rink available for use as well.  This rink is very similar to Westfords.  It is maintain by volunteers from the community.  We currently have no lights but we are working on that for the future. It is located at Fletcher Elementary to the left of the school on the soccer fields. 

And a BIG thank you to the Fairfax Fire Department for helping us fill it up!

Tara Sweet
FOFE Coordinator

al brodeur

« #18 : January 12, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »

Nancyd, thanks for the elevation to Prince usually its a royal PIA
nancyd

« #19 : January 13, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »

Regarding Community Dance...
I have done a little research and found that all the Barn dances are contra dances ( country line dancing or square dancing). My idea was a little different....I was thinking of traditional dancing. We wouldn't need a Barn....but it does set the mood.
Have there been community dances here in the past? 

If you like contra dancing,I found plenty of places where people meet every week. For a small fee, there is a 1/2 hour instruction,and the next 2 1/2 hours is dancing.

( If you build it, they will come)...Let's Dance!
Nancyd

Some info on Contra dancing
http://www.contradancelinks.com/schedule_VT.html
http://www.havetodance.com/dancevt.html

http://www.youngtraditionvermont.org/blog/ ( For Young People)

Other thoughts....simple and Fun
Community Talent show- I believe there are residents here who have loads of talent.  I'd like to see that!!!!!!
Karaoke Nights!  surely we can find a place in town for that!
« : January 13, 2012, 12:14:39 PM nancyd »
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #20 : January 13, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »

Fairfax IS loaded with young musicians.

and thanks for the Fletcher rink news !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #21 : January 13, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »

Check out the next First Friday at the school--it is Feb 10th.  There you will hear many young and talented musicians.  A cross between a talent show and a coffee house.  It's a lot of fun.
al brodeur

« #22 : January 14, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »

many years ago when Henry was a man about town , he was chairman of the church bazaar they would close off main street in front of Aldermans and Parson's stores and have a street dance.
barn dance used to be both slow and square about 60% slow and 40% square at least thats what I recall of the one in Milton
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« #23 : January 30, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

This summer the Fairfax Community Library and Fairfax Park & Rec are putting on another 6 week outdoor concert series!  We will be bringing in 6 great groups/musicians with different types and styles of music in the evenings.  It is a great community event and allows an opportunity to hear great bands without traveling to go to their shows!  Keep an eye out for more details as the summer gets closer. 

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
kpplus2

« #24 : January 30, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

Yes Ice rink!! I'm all over it. I would like to see it. I believe I have a way to get volunteers to build it if we can get the supplies. I heard a rumor that Chris Santee had some information on materials to get this going. Don't know that or sure but I'm willing to see what we can do for next winter. Just wondering where would we put it?

Thanks
Keith 
lena6
: 357

« #25 : February 01, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »

No  Henry, it was at Jake's barn in Huntington.  Spend many a Saturday night at the Hen House.  What a great place that was.  Couldn't wait for the3 square dance "Kiss in the moonlight". 
nancyd

« #26 : February 01, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »

I coped this from the Current Events Page on this site:

Mardi Gras Dance Saturday February 11 at BFA
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »

Fairfax Mardi Gras family dance on Saturday, February 11, 2012 sponsored by the St. Luke Knights of Columbus and St. Luke Parish.   Open to all! FREE!

Where: Fairfax Elementary School Gym from 7:00pm to 9:30pm. Doors open at 6:30pm.

The local band Tymes Up will provide music for the evening.  Band web page: http://www.tymesup.com/biopg.htm.

Fun for the whole family!

Snacks and Refreshments provided.  Hope to see you there! 
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #27 : February 04, 2012, 07:23:58 AM »

how about fixing the main road first???
chelseaclark
: 54

« #28 : February 10, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »

Check out the next First Friday at the school--it is Feb 10th.  There you will hear many young and talented musicians.  A cross between a talent show and a coffee house.  It's a lot of fun.

This sounds like fun, but I can't seem to find any more information about it. Does anyone know where and what time is this usually held? 
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #29 : February 10, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »

First Friday is Tonight at 8 in the Middle School Gym!!!!! Beatles themed.....
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: