Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:25:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Boys Say, "Plenty Of Sand"
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Boys Say, "Plenty Of Sand"  ( 1849 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 27, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »

Went down by the Town Garage yesterday and noticed that our Fairfax Sand Pile had dwindled tremendously.  On my way back up through I noticed DJ & Pat loading their trucks and stopped by.  I asked them if they thought they would have to draw more sand in and they both said they thought they had plenty.  Neither relished the thought of drawing sand to replenish the pile in the middle of winter.  DJ rattled off the number of yards they had left in the pile without a hint of hesitation.  Glad I stopped to ask as I almost posted that we would be running out of sand soon.

The Road Crew has done a great job on the roads, but I couldn't help but notice all the driveways and private roads that were all heavily coated with ice - We have been fortunate that somebody hasn't slipped and really injured themselves.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : January 27, 2012, 03:15:02 PM »

And they do have a pile of sand outside the gate for people to fill buckets with and use in their own driveways.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: