Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:21:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Flock Of About 30 Robins Lands In The Yard On McNall Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Flock Of About 30 Robins Lands In The Yard On McNall Road  ( 3329 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 27, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »

Sharon Horr called me and told me that a flock of about 30 robins landed in their yard this afternoon - Asked Sharon if she got a photo, but she didn't however both Bob & Sharon did see the flock - I guess it is up to you JoAnne to capture these robins - One flock was seen in Milton last week also, maybe the same one - I suspect the Old Vermonters would have had a prediction based on these sightings.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : January 27, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »

There have been flocks of robins living on the Conger Road and Mill River Road all winter.  When I go to the Bay church I always see them. Today I was making a pastoral visit and the person's yard was full of robins.  It was strange to hear robins talking to each other at this time of year. 

There have always been some year round robins, but this year the numbers seem greatly increased.
tfence
: 257

« #2 : January 29, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »

http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/science-stories/past-stories/is-that-winter-flock-of-robins-in-your-yard-unusual
this is what I found
« : January 29, 2012, 09:15:46 AM Henry »

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : January 29, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »

But the question remains: why are we seeing more and more robins staying in northern Vermont all winter? 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: