Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 10:43:50 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  All That Hyp About Change In Daylight Saving Time And ???
« previous next »
: [1]
: All That Hyp About Change In Daylight Saving Time And ???  ( 3625 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 11, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »

Hi all,

Remember Y2K, so many years ago when we were all concerned about what was going to happen.  Well there was quite a concern about what was going to happen at 2 a.m. this morning.  They had a bunch of patches and instructions that you could download for the change in Daylight Savings Time, but thought, "I can't believe Microsoft hasn't got some update in there."

Well, apparently they did, because this morning my computer is on Daylight Savings Time and all I did is turn it on normally.

Have a great day,

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : March 11, 2007, 09:28:38 AM »

Our computer updated itself as well.
The digital thermometer has not, though. Usually it gets a signal from the nuclear clock in Colorado, but the little emblem that appears when connected is not on. And because I don't know where the instruction booklet went, I do not know how to do it manually. For those who have clocks and VCRs that have a setting for automatic DST, you need to turn that off.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : March 12, 2007, 08:06:39 AM »

The digital thermometer has reset itself, and the little signal from the nuclear clock is now visible.
I updated my website last night, but Verizon's website software was not updated. I posted after midnight, but when I published, it showed the time as being an hour behind.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : March 12, 2007, 08:14:21 AM »

Hi Mike,

Not to worry, Verizon is probably saving our hard earned dollars and didn't want to call anybody in on overtime to do that.  They will probably do that on regular hours today.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: