Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:31:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Happy 75th Birthday To My Youngest Sister "Tee"
« previous next »
: [1]
: Happy 75th Birthday To My Youngest Sister "Tee"  ( 3768 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 14, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

Yes, it was 75 years ago that as I remember it, Mother fell and injured her knee.  I remember my Aunt Germaine telling me that they were going to have to take my mother to the hospital, so I would have to stay with her.  I was going to be 4 years old in a few months, but I can still see my Aunt helping my mother up and that was all I noticed.

Things were different back in those days.  My mother had already lost two full term babies, who had been born alive, but due to the long labors at home, did not survive long, once they were born.  It had been decided that when the next baby was born, she would see a different doctor and go to the hospital and have a cesarian section.  She learned at this time when "Tee" was born that she should have had a cesarian for al 5 of us.

Well, I learned the surprising news to me that I now had a new sister.  My Aunt Germaine took me down to see my mother and the new arrival.  Again, I remember very vividly sitting in the rumble seat of that 1931 Red Pontiac and refusing to go in the hospital to see my mother or my new sister.  I can remember my aunt pointing up to the second story window of the Old St. Albans Hospital showing me where my mother was, but being the "Brat" that I was I would not go.  I think today how miserable I was.

Its interesting what a child's understanding was back in those early years regarding the birth of a new baby.  I had absolutely no idea that my mother was pregnant or that I would have a new sibling - much different than today when little kids who can barely talk tell everyone about their mother being pregnant.

I'm not sure how long my mother was in the hospital for the birth, but I am sure it was probably a couple of weeks back in those days, a truly long time for her not to see her "Bratty Son."

Normally I would cook something special for Tee's Birthday Dinner, but as I get older, don't do a lot of cooking, so will be taking her out to lunch and certainly hope she has a wonderful 75th Birthday.

HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY "TEE"

Henry Raymond
Barbara
: 270

« #1 : June 14, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »

I echo a Happy Birthday wish to "Tee"
Much love,
Barbara
Corm
: 65

« #2 : June 15, 2012, 05:45:25 AM »

I'd also like to echo a Happy Birthday to Tee, one of the nicest ladies I've ever had the pleasure to know and work with!

Corm
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : June 15, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »

Happy Birthday Tee!!! 

For those who do not know, Aunt Tee took great pride in teaching all her neices and nephews how to drive and we all learned on her standard shift!  Of course I did drive with my Dad as well, but she made sure the summer between our 15th and 16th birthday, we had lots of driving time.

To this day I smile when coming off of Railroad Street in Milton to head back to Fairfax.  This was her favorite place to teach us all how to do hill starts!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: