Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:20:43 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ed & Helga Find It Hot! Hot! Hot!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ed & Helga Find It Hot! Hot! Hot!  ( 1712 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 09, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »

It was 114 degrees in Las Vegas when we left. The heat wave has been following us ever since we left San Dimas, CA, which is near Pasadena. Speaking of CA, an earthquake hit Yorba Linda, CA, two days after we left San Dimas. The distance between San Dimas and Yorba Linda is just 20 miles! Is there a message here?

Did you know Nevada has more mountain ranges than any other state? If you were to travel on Route 50 from CA to UT you would cross something like 12 ranges bringing you up to passes and into deserts on the lonliest highway in the US. It's also known as the "Alien" Highway, as people see things. How do I know that? In 2006 Helga and I ventured across hwy 50, and Helga counted every one of those ranges! So if you want to dispute what I write--see Helga.

Anyway, the pic shows one of those ranges as we traveled on highway 93 north to Caliente, NV. I thought I saw an alien spaceship on the way, but upon close inspection of the pictures concerned, I realized it was only the reflection of the sun off the camera lens. It was lonely out there, and if it wasn't for Helga naming every feature she could find on the map, we both could have gone stir crazy.

We're hoping the temp will drop soon, but Saturday seems to be the earliest relief. It does get cool in the evenings, down to 85!

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: