Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:55:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Closure Of VT 104A September 15, 2012 At 3:00 AM
« previous next »
: [1]
: Closure Of VT 104A September 15, 2012 At 3:00 AM  ( 2407 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 11, 2012, 10:02:46 AM »

Hello folks,

The intent of this email is to clearly communicate details related to a District project this weekend.  District 8 will close VT 104A in Fairfax at mile marker 1.08 on Saturday September 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM.  We will remove the existing failed large culvert and replace it with a new large concrete box culvert.  VT 104A will be reopened to traffic by 9:00 PM Sunday September 16th.

Details: 
1.       Four variable message boards are now in place to communicate with the public well before the work begins.
2.       State road detour maps have been posted in local businesses and Town Clerk offices.  Our District traffic control folks will also have several hundred highlighted State road detour maps to hand out to motorists as required throughout the closure.
3.       Work will begin with daily lane closures this week and continue next week.
4.       State police dispatch has been notified.  They will notify all emergency services folks with a tone Friday September 14, 2012.
5.       Local Towns are notified by this email followed by a call from me today.  Together we will notify local Schools as well.
6.       All work will be completed on this project by October 1, 2012.
7.       District 8 will accomplish this work with our own folks assisted by our local private contractors that have the right size and type equipment. 
8.       Program Development and the Statewide Bridge Team are partnering with District 8 to accomplish this work as well.
9.       All visitors, to include the media, will be required to check in and out of this worksite during this operation.  Full personal protective equipment is required to include proper foot wear, hard hats, safety vests, hearing protection and safety glasses.  No exceptions.

Please feel free to call me with any questions.  Pass this information along to others not included in this email.

Thanks much,
Jim

Jim Cota
Public Information Officer
District 8 Project Manager
802-782-0802

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: