Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:11:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Palm Sunday - 1946 -- Photo Of Me & A Friend
« previous next »
: [1]
: Palm Sunday - 1946 -- Photo Of Me & A Friend  ( 2643 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 08, 2007, 07:27:12 AM »

Hi All,

As we get a little older it is wonderful to look back on the old days, however, I am sure none of us would want to go back and live in those times and forego all of the conveniences we have today.  Many of us have pets that we thought a great deal of and hopefully you got a chance to take a few pictures way back then.  Below is a photo of me taken back on April 14, 1946 which happened to be Palm Sunday that year:

Now I was going to guess around that timeframe when I looked at the photo in the album, however when I took it out of the album to scan, in what looks like my mother's handwriting on the back was the following:

Now my mother had a 4th grade education from a French Convent in Clarenceville, PQ, Canada and I looked at the word "Nussaince" which was the lamb's name and thought, she sure did a good job spelling his name as I don't know how to spell the word.  Actually, not sure there is such a word.  Just goes to show you how important it is to identify photos so that 61 years later they can easily be identified.

I will have some more lamb photos to put up within the next few days that I took right here in town on Saturday that I would like to share with you, but meanwhile, you all have a Happy Easter[/b]
« : April 08, 2007, 07:40:29 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : April 08, 2007, 08:31:41 AM »

What a great photo to greet me on Easter Morning!  Rainy/snowy here in Wyoming!  Love and Peace to everyone!  Suzy
: [1]  
« previous next »
: