Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 08:06:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Huge numbers of trick or treaters
« previous next »
: [1]
: Huge numbers of trick or treaters  ( 3484 )
johnmitchell
: 62

« : November 01, 2012, 09:06:28 AM »

Here in the village last night we had about 350+ of those looking for treats.  With parents accompanying them we must have had upwards of 750 people thru the streets.  Peter King was out patrolling and it seemed that traffic was considerate.  Sue and I went to the "haunted house" in the Baptist building and it was terrific.  If you did not go then you really missed a great production by those involved.  What a great thing to do for the community.  Thank You...  John Mitchell
tfence
: 257

« #1 : November 01, 2012, 11:37:15 AM »

I am just wondering. How long has it been a tradition of everyone trick or treating in the village? It is a great time by all. I wouldn't change it for anything.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
nhibbard
: 393

« #2 : November 01, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »

I had a great time seeing all the kids stop by and how considerate everyone was. Extremely polite and thankful. The only downside was that I underestimated the number of kids. I think I'll prepare a little better next year. I've never seen so many people out and organized for Halloween before.
sue
: 124

« #3 : November 01, 2012, 10:33:07 PM »

My grandparents lived in the house we now own.  I remember Grandma calling after Halloween and stating the numbers.  She and Gramp whould count all that came.  At that time it was in the low   hundreds.  So it has been a tradition for at least 60 years.   Sue  Mitchell
: [1]  
« previous next »
: