Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Albans Energizer Battery Plant Closing In St. Albans
« previous next »
: [1]
: St. Albans Energizer Battery Plant Closing In St. Albans  ( 3057 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 09, 2012, 07:26:05 AM »

Bad News For The Area:

ST. ALBANS, Vt. -
The Energizer battery company is closing its St. Albans plant and laying off 160 workers.

The company says the closure, scheduled for next September, is part of a restructuring effort meant to trim its global workforce by 10 percent.

In addition to closing the St. Albans facility, Energizer is also shuttering plants in Missouri and Malaysia. The global restructuring should be complete by the summer of 2014. It is expected to save Energizer $200 million a year.
« : November 09, 2012, 07:27:42 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
gasman353

« #1 : November 09, 2012, 10:37:06 AM »

Just the beginning...
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : November 09, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »

Skippy, this was nothing new.  They knew it was coming for a long time according to one of my friends who left before hand to ensure she had another job.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
gasman353

« #3 : November 09, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »

Yes I know that. My neighbor is a executive for the company. He was in Singapore for a year, just came back long enough to sell his house and move his wife and himself back there. This was 2 months ago. It just stresses the fact that our tax system, state, and our government are too  burdensome for companies to stay here. There are going to be many more companies to come that will head overseas.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : November 09, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

Agreed. Skippy.

Take that one step further, Vermont is worse than most states in that nature.  Unfortunately, I do not see us becoming business friendly the next couple years either.... unless you are up for a windmill or a waterpark...

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: