Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:26:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ding Dong -- Avon Calling
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ding Dong -- Avon Calling  ( 3765 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 30, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »

Hi All,

Not really sure how the topic came up, but the other night Maryann mentioned -- We don't have Avon Reps around any more.  Barbara Renaudette, one of the best known in the area for years passed away a while back.  My mother-in-law Kay Hoben supplemented her income being an Avon Lady and did very well at it -- My oldest sister Agnes also was an Avon Lady and also did well at it.  My mother in law, who had knee and hip problems used to lug the samples in and out of houses as long as she could possibly get around and was truly sad when she no longer able to do it, but still continued to do a fairly lucrative business by phone as loyal customers would come and actually pick up their own orders.  My sister also used to travel around Fairfax until she was no longer able to drive when she became legally blind.  Still with the aid of a special Magnifying Glass loyal customers would call her at home and she still continued for a while as she used to use the Magnifying Glass Contraption to make and put up orders and again those loyal customers would come to her house to pick up their orders.  I always marvelled at the loyal group of customers both my Mother in Law and Sister had.

Just about every workplace would have the ever popular Avon Book being passed from one employee to the other as the new deals came out.  Now the customers to the best of my knowledge were all women, however, I still have a number of special bottles that Avon After Shave came in and I believe on a shelf down cellar there is a group of original Avon Bottles still in boxes.  Whether these are still collectors items I don't know, but maybe, just maybe, somebody will check them out some day remembering the excitement when the new catalogs came out and were placed in the order placed the previous time.

Haven't seen the Ad on TV in a long time, nor have I heard the famous Ding Dong that went with it.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : April 30, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »

Hey Henry....if you have the after shave bottle that looks like a fire truck....I might just know who will take it off your hands!! :):):)

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : April 30, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »

If you have the original bottle in the original boxes, you have some major collectables.
There is an Avon rep in town. She works at the school and catalogs are in the teacher's lounge.
I remember somebody coming around and Mom buying stuff. I think I have the Superbird/Charger Daytona somewhere around here, minus the box.
Margie was thinking Sandy Zeno was a rep at one point.
I can do some investigating and see who it is and suggest she lets people on this forum know.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : May 01, 2007, 06:18:48 PM »

Yes there is a local Avon Lady as I just received an e-mail from Lucy Page:

Henry,
I was just reading on your website that there isn't any Avon reps around Fairfax.

I recently heard that from one of my avon customers here in Westford also.  I sell avon and if you know anyone who would like a book dropped off to them or would like to place an order they can call me at 893-6567 or send me an e-mail at jlrspage@earthlink.net
Thanks,, Lucy Page

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: