Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:53:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax FD Incident Counts
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax FD Incident Counts  ( 1774 )
Fireman David
: 41

« : March 09, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »

I recently posted 2013 Incident Count information to the FXFD Facebook page. Following the posting, several people asked me to share this information on Henry's site.

Calls for service answered by the Fire Department are broken down into categories and sub categories when entered into the US Fire Administrations reporting system.

The numbers below reflect the larger main categories, for example;
Structure fires, chimney fires, & car fires would all fall into “Fires”
Car accidents (with or without injuries) and medical assist calls are included in “Rescue & Emergency Medical”
"Hazardous Condition" includes Carbon Monoxide incidents, fuel spills, Power lines down, etc...
"Service Calls" include numerous misc calls that do not fit into the other categories.
"Good Intent" includes calls for service, where the person calling believes there to be an emergency, however upon investigation no emergency exists, (such as a person reporting a house fire, and we find that the smoke seen by the caller was from a BBQ grill behind the house).
"False Alarm & False Call" includes Commercial Fire alarm systems, residential smoke detectors, Carbon Monoxide detectors (with no CO found), etc....

January 2013 Incident counts

Fires – 4
Rescue & Emergency Medical – 5
Hazardous Condition (no fire) – 4
Service Call – 3
False Alarm & False Call – 7

January Total – 30

February 2013 Incident counts

Fires – 3
Rescue & Emergency Medical – 7
Good Intent Call – 1
False Alarm & False Call – 3