Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:22:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No Way, No How Would I Ever Climb Up There
« previous next »
: [1]
: No Way, No How Would I Ever Climb Up There  ( 2078 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 04, 2007, 01:36:36 PM »

Hi All,

Since we retired people don't have much else to do, or probably should say have anything we had rather do, I watched these guys for the better part of an hour as they painted the barn roof next door:

The guy on the peak of the roof got on the back of the pickup truck, climbed the ladder to the top then grabbed the first block and pulled himself up, then the second block, then up on the peak and walked all the way across with gusty winds of about 30 mph carrying a pail of paint and the long handled brush

Once he got there, he hooked himself into a harness

And leisurely started painting the roof - Another interesting thing is how they leaned the ladder up against the roof.  They placed the ladder in the back of the pickup over the rack and hooked near the cab of the pickup and then backed up the bank with no stress and no strain to get the ladder in position leaving the ladder in the pickup

As I talked with him from the ground

Meanwhile two other guys were painting the lower part of the roof on rather high ladders which I wouldn't have climbed on either

Asked who these guys were and if they worked for a company and they told me they were from the St. Albans area.  Had a little trouble hearing him, so he put one of his business cards in an empty pack of cigarettes and threw it down to me.

Geez, I wonder if he was on the peak of the roof, painting and smoking a cigarette  -- Any how, quite impressive I would say

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: