Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 09:34:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Comcast Cable In Fairfax -- Public Access From Colchester??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Comcast Cable In Fairfax -- Public Access From Colchester??  ( 2526 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 07, 2007, 06:06:17 PM »

Hi All,

Was talking to Paul Legacy today down at Channel 15/16 in St. Albans about Public Access Television.  Asked him which towns around got the St. Albans Public Access Channels and it sounds like it is just St. Albans and Swanton at this time with the possibility of Sheldon in the near future.  When I asked him about Enosburg and Richford, he told me that their cable was some kind of independent company and didn't get St. Albans Public Access.  In regards to Georgia, seems like Comcast made the decision to give them Colchester, much to the dismay of many of those citizens, who definitely, being in Franklin County, have much more in common with St. Albans.  Now, guess where that leaves Fairfax as far as Public Access Television.  Yup!!  Right, Paul told me that when they asked about getting Fairfax for Public Access, they were told since Comcast Cable for Fairfax is coming from Georgia, Fairfax too will have their Public Access Television from Colchester.

Now, I actually have absolutely no idea who has and who hasn't the capability of getting Comcast here in Fairfax, so if anyone does, would be glad to hear.  Do the people along the route from Georgia have access to cable??  Does it come up 104A or does it come up Route 104 from the Overpass down near Bill Blair's Garage?  Does anyone on Route 104 have access to cable??  Route 104A??

Kind of sounds to me like if Carolyn Branagan was to go on Public Access or Gary Gilbert in order to be seen and heard in Fairfax and Georgia they would be coming through Colchester Public Access -- Also, Don Collins, Franklin County Senator, would have to go to Colchester.  Somehow that just doesn't seem right, or maybe I am misinformed.

Henry Raymond
AmandaD

« #1 : May 09, 2007, 10:28:20 AM »

Henry,

We don't have Comcast Cable at Nichols Rd & 104 and I've been checking in frequently. If the cable runs down 104 to Bill Blair's, no one at Comcast knows about it. I've seen the vans coming up the road, but I think that's becuase there's access down on the Georgia end of Nichols.

-Amanda
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 09, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »

If I can catch up on things, will try giving comcast a call and see if they have a Map of where they have coverage.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: