Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:53:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Remove Vermont Out Of A Vermonter?? Hell No!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Remove Vermont Out Of A Vermonter?? Hell No!!  ( 1954 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 07, 2007, 06:19:57 PM »

Hi All,

Got a note from a an IBM Retiree friend of mine in Florida.  Seems he saw somebody in a restaurant with a Vermont T-Shirt. When he asked what part of Vermont he came from, the guy with the T-Shirt said, "Fairfax."  Now, strangely enough, once somebody says Fairfax, usually the next question is, "Do you know Lee Minor?"  However, this time, my friend asked if he knew me.  Turns out it was my wife's cousin, Mike Rooney.  Small World, isn't it.

Seems like another question that, if pursued, brings up a lot of common ground for our winter residents of Florida is, "Do you know so and so from IBM?"  Seems like nine times out of ten everybody knows some of the same people.  If they don't know the first name thrown out, they will keep going until one familiar name to both comes up.

Bottom line, You can move the Vermonter out of Vermont, but you can't remove Vermont out of a Vermonter.

Have a great day,

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: