Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:34:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Teacher Here At BFA Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Teacher Here At BFA Passes Away  ( 2331 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 16, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »

This morning's Burlington Free Press carried the obituary of a former teacher here at BFA.  It didn't give her husband's name, so I called Elmwood Funeral Home in Burlington to verify that Jean was the wife of a former co-worker of mine at IBM.  Apparently she had Alzeheimers:

JEAN L. BRUNINI SOUTH BURLINGTON — My wife and best friend of 50 years, Jean Louise Dumont Brunini passed away on May 14, 2007, after suffering the ravages of Alzheimer's disease. She was the daughter of Rene Dumont and Lily Harris Dumont of Massachusetts. Jean was born in Danvers, Mass., on Dec. 15, 1932. She grew up in Andover, Mass., as did her mother before her, attending the same public schools. Jean loved school and was fortunate to have many close friends from elementary through high school with whom she stayed in touch with throughout her life. Jean's graduating class voted her as the classmate who “Did the Most for Punchard High School.“ Jean also received the D.A.R. (Daughters of the American Revolution) Award for “Good Citizenship“ upon graduation. Jean attended Bridgewater State Teachers College in Massachusettes, graduating in 1954, KAPPA DELTA PI; she then taught second grade in Wakefield, Mass. Jean and I met on the beach in Ogunquit, Maine, in the summer of 1955, while she was working as a waitress for the summer break. Jean loved the beaches of Ogunquit as well as the artistic people and art galleries of the community. We were married in 1957 and moved to Vermont. Jean loved the natural beauty of Vermont and its people. Jean continued her education through graduate studies at the University of Vermont where she received her master's of education; she then taught in Fairfax. Jean served as the secretary for the First Universalist Unitarian Church in Burlington and also worked as an educational guide at the Shelburne Museum, which she enjoyed very much. Jean had an extraordinary beauty and intellect. She loved to travel and visited many countries in Europe and also visited China. Jean traveled to many of our United States; she particularly enjoyed museums and galleries of the Smithsonian Institute. Jean loved to read intellectually challenging books and was an avid reader. She also had a keen appreciation for the fine arts. Jean leaves two daughters, Joanne Congdon and her husband Johns of Charlotte, and Lisa Harvey and her husband John of South Burlington. She also leaves four grandchildren; Holly Congdon of Chicago, Ill., Johns III, Joseph and Ming Fen Congdon of Charlotte. Our family is extremely grateful and appreciative of the wonderful and compassionate care given to Jean by the staff of the “Special Care Unit“ at Birchwood Terrace Healthcare. For those who may wish to make a donation in Jean's memory, please do so to the Alzheimer's Association, 919 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60611-1676. There will be a private remembrance gathering with immediate family members. Arrangements by Elmwood-Meunier.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: