Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:33:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA-Fairfax Graduate Of 1931 Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA-Fairfax Graduate Of 1931 Passes Away  ( 2663 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 16, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »

CARLYSS LIZZIE (FRECHETTE) PIDGEON
South Hero – Carlyss Lizzie Pidgeon, 94, died early Tuesday morning, May 15, 2007 at the Burlington Health and Rehabilitation Center, with family members by her side.  Carlyss was born in Shoreham, VT on January 16, 1913, the daughter of George and Lizzie ( Spafford ) Frechette.  She graduated from BFA Fairfax in 1931 as class Valedictorian.  On January 21, 1934 she married Walter Pidgeon in Westford.  Together they farmed for many years in So. Hero.  She also worked at UVM from 1971 to 1982.  Carlyss loved working in her vegetable garden and in later years her rose and lily gardens which were admired by both family and neighbors.  She is survived by her children Alan Pidgeon and his wife Maureen, Winston Pidgeon and his wife Mary, all of So. Hero, Elinor Burttram and her husband J. Clem of Ashville, Alabama, by her grandchildren Kenneth and Sherry Pidgeon, Jeffrey and Lisa Pidgeon, Dean and Dawna Pidgeon, Scott and Kim Pidgeon, Kathy and James Robinson, Chad and Julie Pidgeon, and Cindy and Peter Lavigne, her great grandchildren Matthew, Keith, Tyler, Rachel, Elizabeth, Thomas, Sarah, Megan, Quinn and Evan Pidgeon, Samuel, Kaitlyn and Emily Robinson and by several nieces and nephews.  She was predeceased by her husband Walter in 1998, infant son Marvin in 1945 and her brother Harlow Frechette.  Carlyss’s family would like to thank the staff at the Burlington Health and Rehabilitation Center for their kindness to Carlyss during her stay there.  A Memorial Service will be held on Friday, May 18, 2007 at10 am in the So. Hero Congregational Church.  Burial will follow in the South Hero Cemetery.  Contributions in Carlyss’s memory may be made to South Hero Rescue, P.O. Box 365, South Hero, VT. 05486-0365 .  Arrangements are by the Minor Funeral Home of Milton [/b]

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 16, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »

The Class of 1931 had the following graduates:

Alcidene Chandler
Garland Croteau
Carlyss (Frechette) Pidgeon
Robert Irish
Lelen (King) Luthor (Mrs. Al)
Amy Orton