Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:26:23 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Town Office Safe Filling Fast With Land Records
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Town Office Safe Filling Fast With Land Records  ( 1785 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 18, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »

Donna Meunier & Stacy Wells have been doing some spring housecleaning in the Fairfax Town Office Safe to make more room as Land Records since 1763 through May 18, 2007 continue to be recorded:

Shown above the first row contains 118 years
The second row contains 74 years of Land Records

Row three contains 26 years
Row four contains 6 years
Row five contains 5 years
Row six contains 6 years with Double Books

The first three rows of books, averaging 500 pages cover the first 219 years of Fairfax Land Records

All Double Books, the seventh row contains 4 years
The eighth row of Double Books now containing 700 to 800 pages contains 3 years
While the last 6 Books cover the past 10 months

A view of the second and third row of books close up with Book 40 containing the year 1976

A close up of current books of 700 to 800 pages. At the current rate with anticipated increase in storage space, the existing safe is estimated to have storage space for another 12 years. Earlier land records could be found that contained less than one page while present day land records can be from one to twenty one pages long making todays deeds much more lengthy

« : May 18, 2007, 04:09:27 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: