Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:35:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Full Obituary For Shawn Barkyoumb
« previous next »
: [1]
: Full Obituary For Shawn Barkyoumb  ( 7877 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 23, 2013, 06:23:36 AM »

SHAWN P. BARKYOUMB

ALBURGH — Shawn P. Barkyoumb, age 37, collapsed and died suddenly on Friday, July 19, 2013, doing what he loved most, cutting wood.

The heat proved too much that day and Shawn died from Environmental Hyperthermia.

Born in St. Albans, on Jan. 8, 1976, he was the son of Paula (Shagoury) Mable and Alan G. Barkyoumb. Shawn loved being outdoors and was a Jack­of- all-trades with an uncanny knack for repairing almost anything.

He worked at farming, but found his true passion logging, and his favorite place to be the forest.

Shawn was a practical joker with an insurmountable wit, and the ability to spin a story that would leave you laughing. He was a true original and could make a mark on whomever he touched and did. His legacy lies within his most beloved daughter, Lexus.

Shawn is survived by his fiancee, Jessica Vezina; his daughter, Lexus, and step­son, Logan of Alburgh; father, Alan G. Barkyoumb and his wife, Judy, of Fairfax; mother, Paula Mable of Highgate Center; grandmother, Ramona Barkyoumb of Hopkinton, Mass.; his sister, Lori Barkyoumb and her partner, Jeff Adams of Georgia, Vt.; sister, Tammy Barkyoumb Retalic and husband, David; and nephews Tyler and Brendan Retalic of Framingham, Mass. Shawn leaves behind many step brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins. He is also survived by future in­laws, Lee and Trudy Vezina and Jason Vezina of North Hero; and close friends, Randy Morin, Justin Magnan and David Lussier.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend calling hours on Wednesday, July 24, 2013, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main Street, St. Albans. A funeral service will be held on Thursday, July 25, 2013, at 1:30 p.m. at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church on the corner of Church and Fairfield Streets in St. Albans.

Please visit www.heald funeralhome.com to leave am emory or a message for the Barkyoumb family.

Those planning an expression of sympathy are asked to consider contributions to a Trust Fund to be set up for Lexus and Logan, c/o Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main St., St. Albans, VT 05478.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : July 24, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »

Shawn was a great guy!! I will miss our chats at the Magnan farm and at on the run in St Albans.  He always seemed to be able to make me laugh.  Way to young to die, very sad day for all involved especially his little girl. 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Meadowbrookmarket
: 170

« #2 : July 24, 2013, 01:39:43 PM »

Donation Bucket for Shawn and His Family at my store. Check out our Facebook page for hours.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: