Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:23:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax to Celebrate it's 250th Birthday August 18th
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax to Celebrate it's 250th Birthday August 18th  ( 3150 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 23, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »

August 18th, 1763, New Hampshire Governor Benning Wentworth chartered land in northern Vermont, setting up boundaries and called the new town Fairfax.
On August 18th, 2013, 250 years to the day. the Town of Fairfax will celebrate it's 250th birthday with a party on the front lawn of BFA-Fairfax. In case of rain, the event will be held in the elementary gym.
The event starts at 6pm.
The event starts off with a couple of speeches, then the Fairfax-Fletcher-Band will have a concert as cake and ice cream will be served.
The Fairfax Historical Society will provide the ice cream and drinks. We are asking the public will provide the cakes. We are asking people who are coming to the party to make a cake and decorate it however you want with the theme of Happy Birthday Fairfax.
We ask that you do not go to a supermarket or Costco to get a huge cake, because what ever is left over, you are taking it home. Just make a birthday cake you would make for a family birthday. Pictures will be taken with the cakes and their bakers for historical purposes.
The event is free. You will not have to pay for cake, ice cream, or drinks.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : July 24, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »

Please bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on, please.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: