Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:22:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Taking A Picture Of Lightening
« previous next »
: [1]
: Taking A Picture Of Lightening  ( 5778 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 12, 2007, 07:22:24 AM »

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I got a chuckle out of Mike Cain's Blog when he was talking about going out and taking a picture of lightening and his frustration with it.  This morning's Burlington Free Press has a picture that I am sure Mike Cain will enjoy sent in by a reader.  Check it out Mike and let me know what you think.
« : June 12, 2007, 07:29:50 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : June 12, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »

Some people have all the luck. Great shot.
Someone e-mailed me with a link to some tips.
The big one is to get a cable hooked to the camera, then have the camera on a tripod. Open the shutter manually with the cable, then after the lightning strike, close the shutter. I have the tripod, I need the cable.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : June 12, 2007, 08:26:05 AM »

Hi Mike,

I know you have a good sense of humor and I truly enjoy your morning blogs and will be thinking of you during every lightening storm.  Meanwhile below is the picture as I scanned it from the Burlington Free Press this morning:

[/b]

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #3 : June 12, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »

Mike:

If you would like to borrow my cable I will let you.  I first will have to locate it.  Let me know.  Dave Shea
MikeF9
: 1994

« #4 : June 12, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »

Thanks. I need to look to see if they have one at Circuit City. Or Le Zot on Church Street. I'll probably get one for the Canon digital camera.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #5 : June 13, 2007, 10:18:11 AM »

Okay, but isn't it lightning instead of lightening?  Check the spelling on the Free Press photo.  I just have to uphold Ernie Codding's legacy.  Yes, I checked the dictionary in his honor.  Suzy Spellchecker
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : June 13, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »

Hi Suzy,

It has to be my one-room-school education, because you will notice that Mike spelled it right in his response.  My one consolation is that everyone understood what I was talking about, spelled right or not.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #7 : June 13, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »

Okay, but isn't it lightning instead of lightening?  Check the spelling on the Free Press photo.  I just have to uphold Ernie Codding's legacy.  Yes, I checked the dictionary in his honor.  Suzy Spellchecker

I always remember Mr. Codding reading the Free Press and marking all the spelling and grammatical errors! 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: