Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:22:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos Of Tonight's Pie & Ice Cream Social
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos Of Tonight's Pie & Ice Cream Social  ( 4302 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 24, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »

Hi All,

We had good weather and a good crowd with plenty of pie, ice cream and drinks along with some great music by the Fairfax-Fletcher-Westford Band.

Click on the following link to view the photos I took tonight:

[/b]

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 25, 2007, 07:26:57 AM »

Also for some additional photos and a thank you note to those who contributed to its success, click on the following link to Uncle Mike's web site:

[/b]

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : June 25, 2007, 07:06:57 PM »

Henry has better pictures than the ones I took.
I decided to post what I wrote on my site, here.

Forty-two pies.
Ten varieties.
The line formed at 6:55pm, and didn't stop until 7:40pm. Forty-five minutes of serving pie and ice cream and drinks.
Cloudy, with temperatures in the high 60's.
And when the band stopped playing, a large number of people stayed, stood or sat around, and visited with each other.
Just the kind of simple evening my mother envisioned.
The 20th go-round of the Pie and Ice Cream Social was a success.
Not sure how much money we made, but knowing that everyone had a really good time is the clincher.
Margie was talking with Barb Murphy-both were pie servers-and Margie was saying how much fun it was to serve pie, because you got to see and talk to everyone who came through the line.
A sigh of relief.
We did it.

And now the Thank Yous..................

Thank you to Pastor Liz and the United Church for letting us use the building. No better place in town to have it.
Thank you to Jeff Minor and Minor's Country Store for being our outlet for the ice cream.
Thank you to Wayne and Sally Sweet for trusting me with a key to the place.
Thank you to everyone who helped set up and tear down: Al Daniels, Paul and Pauline Lavallee, Bob and Kathy Bessette, Barb Murphy, Margie Cain, Wayne Sweet, Elaine Kirkpatrick, and Carol Lavallee-Graves.
Thank you to everyone involved with the Fairfax-Fletcher-Westford Band. You people sounded great as always, and the audience thought you were great as well.
Thank you to Paul and Pauline Lavallee for running the T-shirt table.
Thank you to the servers: Bob and Kathy Bessette, Margie Cain, and Barb Murphy served pie. Al Daniels served ice cream. Henry Raymond served drinks. Elaine Kirkpatrick ran the cashbox.
I also want to thank Elaine for running me to Costco to get the supplies. We should be set for a couple more years.
A very big Thank You to all the pie makers. I still say that the homemade pies are what draws people back every year. It's great how as we are setting up, people will wander over to the table and scope out what pies are there and what they might want.
Thank you to Chris Santee for putting an article about the social in the St. Albans Messenger.
Thank you to Pam Dewey for letting me borrow her hat so I could "pass the hat for the band". Thanks to everyone who gave. The band really deserved it.
Thank you to everyone who came. I really hope you had a good time (I think you did) and will come again next year.
If I have missed anyone, it is an oversight on my part, and I apologize.
The weather held up. It was a nice evening.
Thank you, everyone, for being there.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: