Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:13:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Dozen People Displaced After Fairfax Fire
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Dozen People Displaced After Fairfax Fire  ( 2973 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 14, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »

On November 8th, a fire on Old Academy Road in Fairfax displaced 12 people from their homes. The Red Cross reported that they were responding to assist these residents. Red Cross Disaster Action Team volunteer met with the residents to ensure that everyone had a safe place to sleep, and had food, clothing and other essentials.

Over the next several days, Red Cross client casework volunteers will stay in contact with the family and provide referrals as needed.

In New Hampshire and Vermont, a family is displaced by a disaster - most usually a home fire, on average, every 20 hours. You can help people affected by disasters like home fires and other crises by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to, and help people recover from disasters. Visit redcross.org/NHVT, call 1-800-464-6692, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : November 19, 2015, 08:21:02 AM »

I was at the Senior Luncheon last Tuesday and all of us were very surprised to find out that nothing appeared anywhere about this fire which according to one of the residents there was caused by a dryer fire and these people stood around for between 3 to 6 hours.  In days gone by, these things were reported.  I got my notice out of the County Courier which is in Enosburgh.  Really too bad because some of these people are in their 90s

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: