Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:33:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Leaves Are Turning
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Leaves Are Turning  ( 2540 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 13, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »

Hi All,

On our way back from Burlington last week coming up Route 128, it was interesting to see the leaves already starting to turn.  Now these are far from beautiful and I am sure a lot of our dry weather has something to do with it as we haven't had any frost yet either, although it did get down in the 30s last night.

I notice a few chicken pie suppers being advertised and the vegetable stands have squash and pumpkins out as well as boxes of tomatoes.

As for me, I am looking out at a stragly lawn and will probably go out and try to mow it today.  The young man who does my trimming for me, I am sure is quite busy with football practice, but will work something out with him and his schedule to get what will probably be the last trimming done.  Meanwhile, had Mark Minor come down and patch my back roof one more time.  Looks like a project for next year will be to replace part of my roof, but want to do that when the weather is hot.

One encouraging note and I didn't get a picture of it is, I saw a caterpillar yesterday.  He was completely a light green.  Obviously a mild winter ahead.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : September 14, 2007, 02:03:44 AM »

I cooked on the grill tonight in Anchorage, Alaska.

I like to puff down 1 cigar and cook up dinner.

Our silly Birch trees are dropping, our Cottonwood Trees look great too.

We too are in the 30's in the morning.

I am SAD TO SAY THIS but MY WIFE had a HOUSE COAT on Saturday morning.
College Football.
She was cold and turned on the HEAT!

: [1]  
« previous next »
: