Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:57:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dave Day's Mother Passes At Age 91
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dave Day's Mother Passes At Age 91  ( 2061 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 29, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »

Jeanne D’Arc Day, age 91 years, a lifelong resident of the Swanton Community died Tuesday afternoon, April 26, 2016, at her Ferry St. residence with loving family at her side.

Born in Swanton on, December 4, 1924, she was the daughter of the late David Joseph and Georgianna (Benjamin) Menard. She attended the former St. Anne’s Academy and on, February 11, 1945, was married to Francis C. Day who predeceased her in 2008.

She was a lifelong parishioner of Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary – St. Louis Parish and belonged to the Ladies of St. Anne. She was also a member of the Catholic Daughters of America, the Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion Auxiliaries all of St. Albans. Jeanne was self-employed as a beautician working out of her home.

She leaves two sons and their wives, David and Kathy Day of Fletcher and John and Dianne Day of Swanton; two daughters, Jeannie Conger and husband Allen of Swanton and Betty Day of Colchester: grandchildren, Craig Day, Scott Day, A.J. Conger and Dylan Day; great grandchildren, Hannah Day, Lexus Conger and Charlotte King; a great great granddaughter, Brinley Rose Day-Longley; a very close friend Ruth “Rooster” Rentz and a close friend and scrabble partner, Charlotte Dykeman as well as many nieces and nephews.

In addition to her husband Francis, Jeanne was predeceased by a grandson, Adam Conger; a granddaughter, Laura Conger; brothers, Leonard, Maurice and Wesley Menard and a sister Rolande Paxman.

A Funeral Service will be held Wednesday, May 4, 2016, at 2 pm from The Kidder Memorial Home, 89 Grand Ave., Swanton. Father Luke P. Austin will officiate. The Rite of Committal and Interment will follow at the Day family lot in Riverside Cemetery.

Friends may call at the funeral home on Wednesday from 1 p.m. until the hour of the funeral.

Gifts in Jeanne’s memory may be made to Missisquoi Valley Rescue, P.O. Box 22, Swanton 05488.

To offer private online condolences please visit: www.kiddermemorialhome.com

« : April 29, 2016, 07:53:26 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: