Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 06:30:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Elaine Furman Kirkpatrick dies June 13, 2024 at age 83.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Elaine Furman Kirkpatrick dies June 13, 2024 at age 83.  ( 954 )
ssweet
: 313

« : June 18, 2024, 09:34:50 AM »

Elaine Furman Kirkpatrick (nee Shattuck), 83, of Fairfax, VT passed away unexpectedly on June 13, 2024, surrounded by her loving family.

Born on January 3, 1941, Elaine was raised in Pepperell, MA by her parents Forrest and Marion Shattuck, the youngest of four sisters, Patricia, Barbara, and Sally. Graduating Pepperell High, she attended UMass Amherst where she met and married her first husband Anatol Furman. With a BA in math and raising two children, the family settled in Fairfax in 1969. Elaine taught math at Bellows Free Academy Fairfax for nearly 20 years.
It was 1975 when Elaine met the love of her life, Robert Kirkpatrick, a man of exceptional character with five children of his own. The two moved to Fountain Hills, AZ in 1989 where they tied the knot, returning to Fairfax in 1996.

A lifelong accordion player, she entertained at home until the accordion wore out. Elaine loved line dancing and carousing with the Red Hat Ladies. Fiercely independent, she loved spending time at home alone reading or just enjoying the view.

She lived a life of service to the community with the United Church of Fairfax, Order of the Eastern Star, Historical Society, Cemetery Association, Senior Citizens, Retired Teachers, and others.

Elaine is predeceased by her husband Bob, her parents, and sisters. She is survived by her children Natalie Nelson (Easton) and Geoffrey (Alethea Coulter), her stepchildren Bill (Linda), Robert (Jane), Jean Kirkpatrick Blake (Ernie), Thomas (Sui), James (Steven), many grandchildren, great grandchildren, cousins, nieces, and nephews.

Visiting hours will be held on Friday June 28, 2024 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at A W Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel. A funeral service will be held at the United Church of Fairfax, on Saturday June 29, 2024 at 11:00 a.m. with Reverend Katherine Arthaud officiating. Inurnment will follow in the family lot in Sanderson Corners Cemetery. Memorial contributions in Elaine’s memory can be made to the United Church of Fairfax, c/o Sally Sweet Treasurer, 44 Sweet-Slattery Road, East Fairfield, VT 05448. . Please visit awrfh.com to share your memories and condolences.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: