Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 10:59:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert (Bob) Paquette died at age 80. Class of 1962
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert (Bob) Paquette died at age 80. Class of 1962  ( 889 )
ssweet
: 313

« : August 15, 2024, 03:53:28 PM »

Robert Roland Paquette
04/21/1944 - 08/12/2024
Nokomis – Robert Roland Paquette, 80, passed away on Monday, August 12, 2024, at home with his family at his side.  Bob was born in Burlington, VT, the son of the late Romeo and Aldea (Poirier) Paquette. He married Bonnie Pigeon on October 10, 1970.

Bob graduated from Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax, VT.  He enlisted in the Navy after high school and obtained the ranked of E4 after serving just over 4 years in Yorktown, VA.  Bob then earned his bachelor’s degree in business from Saint Michael’s College. Later in life he went back to college to earn his Doctorate of Scouting Arts from the University of Scouting Arts.  Bob worked as a Bank Examiner for 35 years.  Before and during his retirement he was active in the Boy Scouts.  He served as Scout Leader on many levels: Treasurer, Den Leader, Assistant Scout Master, Religious Emblem Coordinator, Unit Commissioner and Trainer for multiple levels. He was pleased to be able to assist many Scouts from Cub through their Eagle Award and multiple stages between.  He served as a coordinator of the American Heritage Girls for eight years.  He enjoyed working with the youth in learning life skills in our every changing complex world. Bob’s strong faith was demonstrated as he served the church actively as shuttle car driver, Usher, and Eucharistic Minister.

Bob is survived by his wife Bonnie, his children: Michelle Hamill and husband Ed, Robert Paquette, Peter Paquette, and Mary Ellen Rivera; his grandchildren Sean Hamill, Daniel Hamill, Addison Hamill and Kathryn Hamill; his sister Marie Bourdeau and husband Mark; many foster brothers and sisters; and many in-laws and out-laws.

A Mass of celebration will be held at Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Osprey on Wednesday, August 21, 2024 at 11:00 AM.  Burial will be held later at Sarasota National Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to a local scouting organization.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: