Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 05:14:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sharon Provost died August 15th, 2024
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sharon Provost died August 15th, 2024  ( 420 )
ssweet
: 314

« : August 23, 2024, 06:56:55 PM »

On August 15, 2024 a steady, bright light ceased shining as Sharon Lee (Aiken) Provost passed away peacefully with her family by her side. She was born September 7, 1951 the daughter of Cleon and Elizabeth (Williams) Aiken.

From a young age Sharon was hardly ever without a beloved dog by her side. From raising German Shepherds to agility and obedience with her Shetland Sheepdogs, she loved being around, with and of dogs. With her breadth of knowledge and experience in all manner of dogs, she was often sought out by those in her dog "family" for her frank advice and willingness to share her knowledge generously and joyously. Her love of animals was not limited to dogs. She welcomed horses, birds and even the occasional cat into her heart. Her connection to animals was of "whisperer" caliber. She understood animals in a way that was truly a blessing and a gift.

Her genuine compassion, kindness, and fierce loyalty defined her as a devoted wife, daughter, mother, cousin, chosen sister and close reliable friend. You never had to ask Sharon twice for her help. Her devotion was fueled by her genuine respect, pride, and love for those she welcomed into her life. Fiercely devoted to her family, you could be sure to count Sharon among those at many a family event, boiled dinner, or gathering always armed with the Aiken quick wit, humor, and can-do attitude.

In addition to her passion for her family and her community of friends, she loved her vast collection of plush animal toys, meticulously cared for her home and gardens, enjoyed day trips and adventures with her daughter and cherished friends, and copious amounts of chocolate (the darker the better).

Sharon will be deeply missed by her husband Tod Provost (Fairfax, VT), her daughter Kim Accorsi (West Lebanon, NH), her beloved dogs Gabi, Sony and Banner, her parrot Alex, and many aunts, uncles, and cousins too numerous to list. Equally bearing the loss is the "chosen" family she created through her life long friendships and connections. Her humor, strength, tenacity--even her stubbornness--will be remembered forever. In short, she will be deeply missed by all, and the love she shared with so many will ripple through the world in each person who loved her so.

Donations may me made in honor of Sharon Provost to the Franklin County Animal Rescue (https://www.franklincountyanimalrescue.org/) in St. Albans, VT or the McClure Miller Respite House (https://www.uvmhomehealth.org/programs-services/hospice-palliative-care-program/mcclure-miller-respite-house/) in Colchester, VT.

Service Details

Calling hours September 6, 2024 4:00 - 7:00 pm
A.W. Rich Funeral Home 1176 Main Street, Fairfax, VT 05454

Celebration of Life September 7, 2024 11:00 am
Binghamville United Methodist Church 35 School Rd, Fletcher, Vermont.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: