Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 09:19:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Volunteers Build Fence On Soccer Field In Fletcher
« previous next »
: [1]
: Volunteers Build Fence On Soccer Field In Fletcher  ( 4661 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 19, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »

All in all Katelyn Ferrick tells me they had a very successfull day with the fence at the Fletcher Fields. She sent me photos before and after. She has sent me a list of names to give them all some credit  however,  if she forgot anybody or misspelled anyone  she apologizes. 

Names of soccer league volunteers working on the fence:  Jay Burnham, Mark Gregoire, Brenden Gregoire, Chris Ferguson, Zach Ferguson, Dave Bushey, Dan Banach (coordinator), Kelly Quick, Tom Feerick, Meghan Feerick, Chris Feerick, Katelyn Feerick and Peggy Feerick.

Mrs Swanson from Swanson's nursery, who volunteers as a coach during soccer season, couldn't make it down to the fields but did fill some last minute orders of top soil and peat moss for field repairs.   Terry Riggs custom cut and gave the lumber at cost to the project as well as delivered it.

There were volunteers of the baseball league there also. It is our intent to give everybody credit, so please send me a note at vtgrandpa@yahoo.com so that I can add names and a special thanks to Katelyin Ferrick for the photos.  I have DSL, so the nine photos that I have here may give dial-up users a problem.  Again, let me know and I can divide the photos up in my postings

« : April 21, 2008, 09:16:50 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : April 20, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »

Thank you volunteers!  You rock!  You make the world go round!  Love, Suzy
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : April 21, 2008, 08:20:56 AM »

Not many of us were expecting such a great day - i'm still pretty charred, but it was well worth it.
Mr Feerick and Feerick Enterprises REALLY did The Fairfax Fletcher SOccer Club, Fairfax FLecther Little League, and Flecther Elementary School a HUGE service and good deed by giving so much of his time and expertise to this project.  It's safe to say that without his donated efforts and equipment, we would not have nearly a beautiful and refined finished product. 

During the course of our work day on Saturday, several local community members stopped by to check out ALL the great work done at the FLetcher fields on Saturday and all had words of praise and admiration for EVERYONE's volunteered efforts as well as such quality finished products.

We can't thank Mr Feerick enough.  If you're ever in the market for:

All types of fencing
Bobcat service ( with Post Hole Drill)
Landscaper Design and Construction
Property Management
Residential and Light Commercial Site Work

Think of Feerick Enterprises and Tom Feericks 25 years of Experience first.

Note Below added from Upcoming Events Posts before its deletion in Upcoming Events as it gives credits to people that helped (Henry)

WOA!  We had a good turn out for our fence work.  We got A LOT done as well.  Was awesome to see so many community members out volunteering their time for the betterment of their community.  Between Little League and Soccer, there were over 100 folks down at the Fletcher fields Saturday morning and the improvements to the gorunds ALL AROUND ARE AND WILL BE HUGELY appreciated  by many parents, players and fans.  THANKS TO ALL FOR THEIR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK.

Special thanks go to:

Jay Burnham - donated a full days work and a load of top soil.
Chris Ferguson -  being his usual pivotal self, donated a full day's work
Zach Ferguson - following in his dad's dedicated volunteerism, put in a full day's work
Mark and Brenden Gregoire -  keeping with tradition and coming through in a pinch, Mark gathered necessary supplies and equipment and was there to the end.  Brenden pulled his weight and then some - certainly earned a creamie on the way home.
Kelly Quick - even with short notice managed to make it down and put in some solid field prep work despite having prior engagements
Mrs. Swanson of Swanson's Nursery - despite being knee-deep in the nurseries srping time rush, made some time to accomodate some last minute soil orders and special requests.
Terry Riggs - at projects conception was there offering his advice and insight as well as flexible delivery arrangements and lumber accomodations.
Dave Bushey - sharing interest in bringing the community the very best, put in a tough morning with Little League field work and then came back to offer his help and equipment to Soccer with upgrading the fence.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

Feerick Enterprises ( The Feerick Family:  Tom, Meghan, Chris, Katelyn and Peggy) - now 2 year Fairfax residents and sharing like ideals of family and giving back to the community, the Feerick Family Rose to the task.  The service done by donating their equipment, time, Epertise and community spirit is a deed that every community member to benefit from local Rec leagues owes a debt of gratitude.  The look really gives a finsihed and quality look to the fields. 

With any luck, the fence upgrade and new video surveillance camers added, we'll be able to keep the playing fields secure in order to bring about Quality turf and a truly beautiful area for our recreation clubs and leagues to use for years to come.

« : April 28, 2008, 02:45:21 PM Henry »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : April 28, 2008, 02:47:15 PM »

I have combined part of the upcoming events note in this one giving credit to those that helped so I can delete the upcoming event without losing important information.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: