Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:25:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Well, They Did It Again - It Been 15 Years Now
« previous next »
: [1]
: Well, They Did It Again - It Been 15 Years Now  ( 3898 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 22, 2008, 07:50:06 AM »

Hi all,

Well, not that I am a big shopper at Walmarts, but they do have some things that you can't get in St. Albans.  I just find it strange that so few can control so many.  St. Albans was making progress, I felt when they got their second large grocery store.  There was a time when you were pretty well stuck with Hannafords and if they didn't have it, you came home without it.  I used to do most of my grocery shopping in Essex Center, where I at least had Hannafords and Price Chopper.

I put up Fox 44's News Report here if you want to read what they had to say last night:

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : April 23, 2008, 06:15:26 AM »

The only way the masses can control the special interest groups is to find out who they are.  If they own a store or business, boycott that business!  This will get the message across that we as citizens will not put up with these type of antics.
We cannot allow special interest groups  to control what the general publics wants and needs.
« : April 23, 2008, 06:17:25 AM dearon »
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : April 23, 2008, 06:38:48 AM »

My thought is let the people decide.  Put it to a vote. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : April 24, 2008, 03:55:44 AM »

Hey Northern Vermont,

We had the same issue here in Anchorage, Alaska.

Walmart wanted to erect a 3rd Sam's Club here in an area close to me.

This area is a huge tract of land that now houses town homes and a brand new middle school.
(Mom, this is the old trailer park behind the Chester Court home. They evicted and leveled it all the way to Muldoon.

Across the road is a Super Fred Meyer (Kroger)

Walmart was denied that land use permit, the construction permit,  and development zoning permit, buy a local judiciary ruling. (Total crap)

BUT yet,,, there is Anchorage's 1st and only Target, and other stores, going in where yet ANOTHER trailer park used to be on my side of town.
(I don't live in a trailer but I am drawing attention to an ironic reference here)
That area is being "developed" by a Native "Indian" Corporation and had ZERO permitting problems?

Why does local gov't dislike corporate America? Poor Sam Walton just wanted to sell some stuff.
I do believe they pay property taxes. Right?

: [1]  
« previous next »
: