Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:20:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dumping Old Drugs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dumping Old Drugs  ( 2323 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 22, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »

Hi All,

For years, I remember being told to flush old drugs down the toilet.  Well now it seems that when you do this you contaminate water supplies, which is somewhat of a worrisome thought when you think of everything else that goes down the toilet could be going into the water also.

Anyhow, Sharon Meyer on Channel 3 said, "Put them in your Kitty Litter." 

Well, Maryann had some medication to throw out and I have had them on the shelf for several weeks waiting until I changed the Kitty Litter.  Well, changed it a few times and forgot about the old pills on the shelf, then I finally remembered.

I dumped the Kitty Litter in a plastic bag then dumped the pills in it and took a stick and stirred it around, thinking, now I am doing something great for the environment.

Well, last Sunday's Paper had a more thorough explanation than Sharon Meyer had that went like this:

Crush solid medications and dissolve them in water;  dilute liquid medications in water.  Then, mix the solution with kitty litter, sawdust or another material that a child or pet would be less likely to find attractive.  Place it in a bag that you seal shut and put in the garbage.

Oh Well, my intentions were good.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: