Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:20:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ace Hardware Free Mercury Recycling Plan? Anyone Used It??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ace Hardware Free Mercury Recycling Plan? Anyone Used It??  ( 3710 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 22, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »

Hi All,

We are having our Household Waste Recycling Day here Saturday and I am wondering if before I spend $5 to get rid of a flourescent bulb if anyone has used the Ace Hardware free recycling plan - Seems like a good deal.  Click on the link below to read about it and if anyone is familiar with it, let me know if it is still going:

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : April 24, 2008, 04:01:09 AM »

I went to the local Ace Hardware a few weeks ago.
It is close to home and locally owned.

I was looking for an item and asked a clerk if they had it.

Without hesitation he said NO but Home Depot may have it and I should go there!

What the heck?
At least look!

I told him if I wanted to go to Home Depot I would have gone there.

I waddled off and found what I asked for, paid, and left.

What is up with you young kids???

Get off of my lawn!!!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 24, 2008, 09:12:44 AM »

I just called Ace Hardware in Essex Center which is located on Essex Way as you go towards Hannafords and asked them if I took the two circular flourescent bulbs in would they dispose of them for nothing and they told me "Yes."

Not trying to take away from our Household Hazardous Day, but might even be able to buy a gallon of gas with that money they would charge me to dispose of the two flourescent tubes.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #3 : April 25, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »

St. Albans ACE Hardware takes them as well, they are located at 133 North Main St. (the J.C. Penny shopping center) and their # is 527-7007.  There is no charge for disposal of your florescent bulbs I had three 4' fluorescents to get rid of.  It's bad enough to pay to buy them but to pay to get rid of them stinks!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: