Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 12:27:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Dave St. Pierre Provides An Invaluable Service
« previous next »
: [1]
: Dave St. Pierre Provides An Invaluable Service  ( 3198 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »

All of the photos of accidents, fires, floods and other disastrous events that you see on Channel 3 or in The St. Albans Messenger from The Franklin County area, are usually taken by the gentleman seen above, Dave St. Pierre.  Dave is a very familiar figure to just about every fireman and police officer in the area.  Somebody tried to write an article on Dave a while back, but if I remember right, it wasn't a very long article, because Dave is always on the move.  I think they decided they would meet at a local restaurant over coffee, but don't think they even got to finish a cup of coffee before Dave was on his way to grab some photos of something.  I think as far as TV Stations are concerned, he only provides photos to Channel 3 and for newspapers, it is The St. Albans Messenger.

The other morning as I was listening to the scanner and Pete & Madonne's fire, I had thought of going over, but knew I wouldn't be able to get any where near the fire with all the activity going on.  I knew however, that Dave St. Pierre would certainly be there.  If you had the opportunity to watch the raw video of the fire (Approximately 6 minutes) on the Channel 3 Web Site, this really shows you what a tremendous job Dave does.

Keep up the good work Dave, of actually putting us on the scene with your videos and photos.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : April 25, 2008, 07:57:28 AM »

My thanks also to Dave St. Pierre.
I've known this fine gentleman for years now
and seen him at many tragic events.

He's got a tough job
that sometimes puts him in difficult situations.
He has always tried to respect the victims.

Hats off to Dave.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : April 25, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »

Dave is a great guy, and always respects the victims, firefighters, police or ambulance personnel. He was at the Rainville fire and and good enough to make sure we had the scene under control before he came to me for information.  (I talked to him before he talked to me) Not all newspeople do this.  He does a great job and is always welcome when I see him around.
« : April 25, 2008, 02:33:37 PM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: