Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:31:04 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Your Thoughts On A Farmers Market??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Your Thoughts On A Farmers Market??  ( 6891 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 27, 2008, 08:19:43 AM »

I JUST WANTED TO WRITE AND LET YOU KNOW THAT NICOLE SWANSON AND I, SHELLY POTTALA, HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT GETTING A FARMERS MARKET TOGETHER FOR OUR QUAINT LITTLE TOWN HERE. WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A MARKET RIGHT AT SWANSON'S ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY OR JUST ONE OF THE DAYS. HERE IS HOW IT WOULD WORK.  WHOEVER WANTED TO DO IT COULD JUST SHOW UP ON THE DAY AND SET UP. IT WOULD BE A $5.00 FEE FOR THE DAY. THIS COULD INCLUDE BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ARTS, CRAFTS, BAKED GOODS, VEGGIES, MUSIC AND MORE. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. WITH THE PRICE OF GAS, IT SURE WOULD BE NICE NOT TO HAVE TO TRAVEL SO FAR FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND FRESH FOOD ITEMS.

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU ALL COULD PUT THIS UP ON THE WEB AND SEE WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK OR WANT. IS THERE A DESIRE TO HAVE ONE FROM THE PEOPLE?

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?

SHELLY POTTALA'S E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:  slpott2@hotmail.com
« : April 27, 2008, 08:22:28 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
chelseaclark
: 54

« #1 : April 27, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »

I would LOVE this! 

I think maybe picking just one day makes sense.

Chelsea
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : April 27, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

Great  idea, the more stuff we can have here in town the better. Especially if we can get locally grown or crafted products. Why settle for made in Vermont. When you can have made in Fairfax, Fletcher or Westford.
Suzy
: 429

« #3 : April 27, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »

Awesome idea, even though I don't live there any more!!  Keep it local, and fresh, and less fossil fuel is used to transport the food!  I'd stop by when I come visit this summer!
Here in Jackson, WY they have the Farmer's Market every Saturday morning in the summer.  I rarely miss it!
Suzy
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #4 : April 28, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »

There's a similar idea floating around Fletcher i think as i recall seeing a flyer at the Fletcher General store feeling out interest.  there were 6-8 names on that list last time i looked. 
   I agree, i'd much rather support my local neighbors than local to new england supermarkets.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : April 28, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »

Great Idea!  I think one day a week would be wonderful and keeping it local (Fairfax, Fletcher, Westford).  I know I plan every trip when I leave the house now with gas prices.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mirjo
: 785

« #6 : April 28, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »

It's a wonderful idea! I never seem to make it to the one in Westford in the summer. Having one close to my home that I would have to drive by would be much more convenient and not require any pre-meditation to attend. I think one or both weekend days would be nice...as long as there are people who want to set up their wares. I guess the only way to know what will work is to try it out. Thanks Nicole and Shelley, you're doing some really cool things with that place. I'm looking forward to the craft fair this summer--I hope there is going to be a second, last year seemed to be a success. Are you planning another music fest? I know it rained during last fall's...I wanted to attend, but I was in the pouring rain up the hill watching my son play football. It's great to have these activities in Fairfax!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: