Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:35:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Black Pick-Up Made My Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Black Pick-Up Made My Day  ( 2215 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 30, 2008, 07:40:13 AM »

Went out to pick up my mail yesterday and after getting it, looked up and down the road  and waited to come back across when I saw a couple of vehicles coming down from Fletcher.  The head vehicle was a black pickup truck.  I have absolutely no idea who it was, but he or she slowed down, came to a complete stop and let me cross the road.

Was thinking afterward, I was so surprised someone would do that, that I never bothered to look down the road towards Fairfax and could have easily been hit by a car coming the other way.

Lots of people wave to me as they go by and I have no idea who they are.  By the time I wave, they are over the knoll.

Reminds me of when Ralph Ellsworth was alive.  Ralph used to drive down by the house several times a day and I could be sitting in my living room and I would see him wave.  Told Ralph one time that I didn't know how he could always see me when he went down by.  Ralph answered, "I always wave whether I see anybody or not, just in case somebody sees me go by."

What a wonderful neighbor Ralph & Ruth were.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: