Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:29:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Man Trapped In Car In Auto Accident On Fletcher Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Man Trapped In Car In Auto Accident On Fletcher Road  ( 3912 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 03, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

Hi All,

I took about 20 photos of The Fairfax Fire Department releasing a man from a car that had hit a pole in the vicinity of 71 Fletcher Road.

The photo gallery can be viewed by clicking on the link below:

For a slide show of the photos, click on the following link:

« : May 03, 2008, 01:56:50 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : May 03, 2008, 01:58:46 PM »

Since this car is identical to mine,
I figure I should inform those of you who know me,
it was not me.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 04, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »

Although the car was headed towards Fletcher when I arrived on the scene, I believe it was headed towards Fairfax Village when it hit the pole.  Earlier yesterday, I went and took photos of five different groups that were doing green-up on the Fletcher Road.  Very fortunate indeed that this motorist did not come down the road at that time.  There were also two people raking the lawn at 71 Fletcher Road, again a blessing in disguise that the motorist hit the pole as if he had missed it, I am sure would have gone right up on their lawn.

My mother always said, "Things could have been worse."  One never knows what the day brings.

I was very impressed with our Fairfax Fire Department and Fairfax Rescue as they worked together to extricate the motorist from the car.  I would have gone up closer and taken some better photos of what they were doing, but this was not the time or the place to do that.  Heard Steve Bessette telling others as he was operating the tool he was using to extricate to watch to insure he was not getting too close to the patient.

Cambridge Heavy Rescue had been called, but was not needed in the end.

It appears that everyone knows their tasks as I arrived on the scene just about the same time as the fire department arrived.  Rescue was just arriving and on the Fletcher End near 80 Fletcher Road, where I parked in the driveway, someone was already directing traffic.

Thanks, Fairfax Fire & Fairfax Rescue, obviously many, many hours of training for when you are needed in emergency situations.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #3 : May 05, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »

Article in/on BFP website. 

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080504/NEWS/80504004/1001

« : May 05, 2008, 12:33:49 PM Henry »

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: