Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 11:34:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Happy Cinco de Mayo
« previous next »
: [1]
: Happy Cinco de Mayo  ( 2524 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 05, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »

Well, looks like you mow the lawn today, or mow it tomorrow as the rest of the week, unless you like to mow wet grass, is pretty much a washout.

High pressure will bring delightful weather on this Cinco de Mayo!

Sunshine will abound and temperatures will climb into the mid-to-upper 60s for highs.

Another warm spring day on Tuesday will be followed by some changes in the weather by mid-week.  A frontal system will approach us on Tuesday night and stall out through the end of the week.  Waves of rain showers will ride along that stalled-out front, on-and-off through Friday.

+ 5-day Forecast

Mon: Hi 69 F Lo 39 F Cinco de Mayo! Sunny & warmer
Tue: Hi 71 F Lo 47 F Partly cloudy
Wed: Hi 67 F Lo 51 F Mostly cloudy; occasional showers
Thu: Hi 62 F Lo 45 F Mostly cloudy; occasional showers
Fri: Hi 58 F Lo 43 F Mostly cloudy; occasional showers

By the way, do you know what Cinco de Mayo means?  Guess I would net it out as a Mexican Holiday as by the time I have looked it up and get back to posting, I have forgotten what I read.  Ahhhhhhhhh  Yes!!!  Those precious Golden Years.

Bottom line, enjoy this beautiful weather, although the Pollen Count is a little high, but with just those few puffy clouds in the bright blue sky, Vermont is definitely the place to be and Fairfax in particular.

I receive so many nice notes from former residents throughout the country who truly wish they were here.  I feel so blessed to be able to spend my retirement years here, where all I have to do is enjoy life.
« : May 05, 2008, 08:21:35 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #1 : May 05, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »

Info on Cinco de Mayo just for Trivia purposes because you should never let your mind go stagnant ...

“Celebrates the victory against French forces in the city of Puebla, on May 5, 1862. Also widely celebrated in the United States. US "celebration" of this Mexican historical event is largely a result of promotions in the US by liquor, beer, and bars/taverns/clubs/restaurants since the 1980s. For many years Cinco de Mayo celebrations in the US promoted Cinco de Mayo as Mexican Independence Day which is actually September 16. Although Mexican citizens feel very proud of the meaning of Cinco de Mayo it is not a national holiday in Mexico, but it is an official holiday in the State of Puebla where the mentioned battle took place.”

The US celebrates this day more than Mexico does!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: