Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:23:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Our Lives Have Changed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Our Lives Have Changed  ( 2733 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 07, 2008, 09:37:50 AM »

The Unicell Outage yesterday brought to mind how much our lives have changed.  Many years ago when the Dick Tracy comics showed the wrist watch radio, which had not been developed as yet, as a way of communicating, little did we know that the cell phone was coming.  Back in the 1970, people turned to the CB Radio as a means of communication. Our Road Crew and Fairfax Fire Department and Fairfax School Buses even used them.  The cell phone is now perhaps all the go as far as communications are concerned, even though you hear a lot of, "Can you hear me now?" comments.

Personally, being a senior citizen, I try never to leave my home without it in case Maryann needs to get in touch with me.  In the winter, before I go out and get the Free Press or the mail, I put the cell phone in my shirt pocket.  Over the years, I have taken a few falls, and my thought is, should I fall out of sight of the road, I could at least probably dial 911 and get help should I not be able to get up.  Some people use the phone simply for pleasure, but many of us have some very definite purposes in mind.

Yesterday brought to light the many ways people use their cell phones and I think it was best expressed by Trevor Russell in his post:

"Looks like they're back up. Whew!"

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : May 07, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »

I use my cell phone for REALLY important stuff.

« : May 07, 2008, 07:06:04 PM Henry »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 07, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

That Mike Raburn,

What a nice sincere honest guy.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: