Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:18:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What Will Those Cell Phones Do Next??
« previous next »
: [1]
: What Will Those Cell Phones Do Next??  ( 3212 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 09, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »

Mike Raburn just sent me an e-mail from his cell phone - I am what you would call "Cell Phone Illiterate."

I learned how to open the cover and answer, turn on the speaker phone so I can hear and call anybody my daughter put in my directory.  Beyond that??

Oh yes, I can read the bars and put it on the charger when the bars get down to two bars.

Thanks for the e-mail Mike, I'll respond here on the computer.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : May 10, 2008, 08:06:47 AM »

I can conect to the internet with mine. I can even go to my website. The pictures do not come up, but the text is there.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : May 10, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »

Unless the website you are accessing is scaled for "smart phones" and PDAs it is not going to work well.
ESPN, Google, Fark, and MSN have pretty good compatible sites.

This site here came in pretty good also, I was surprised.

It is all in the way the sites are formatted.

All I wanted to do was get a new battery for my work provided cell phone. An older Nokia with zero internet access.
I had ruined the battery was in Fairbanks for 3 months working.

They gave me the run around about costs and what for.
I handed them the phone and said I don't need one anyway.

4 days later, after complaints about not getting a hold of me, they said they'd give me $65.00 a month for my phone bill.

I bought my Motorola Q and accessories, for $125.00 out of pocket, 2 year plan.
The monthly for the unlimited plan is $40.00.
Don't tell my boss, but I am making money on this after a few months!!! Or until they research better!
« : May 10, 2008, 08:11:48 PM Mike Raburn »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: